September 30, 2009

Craigslist Dissapointment

Friggen Craigslist.

I know I shouldn't comb it for stuff that I can't buy. But I can't help it and today my little habit is coming up to bite me in the rear. I just found a bed frame that I am completely lusting over for about 60% off its very expensive retail price. In another set of circumstances I'd be heading over there right now with the SUV and trailer acting like only a crazed bargain hunter can. Ya know, foaming at the mouth and counting out my cash at red lights.

But since the circumstances are as follows- selling house. tight on cash. low bedroom ceilings that would not be tall enough for this canopy bed. a complete set of bedroom furniture from Quality Discount Furniture already. took 2 door car to work today. and the biggest kicker of all? No room for stashing a fairly expensive bed for who knows how long until our bedroom is ready in the Wee house.

Frig. I hate seeing a good deal fall by the way side.

This really bums me out.

3 comments:

  1. Hurray! Your comments are working! Sorry you didn't get my note sooner.

    I hate when that happens with CL. I try to avoid the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom from W.O.M. (Wise Old Mom) There is always another good deal. Was there not always another wedding dress?
    Love
    M.O.M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, i could have written that post... about a chair, dresser, or whatever else i find on craigslist. but yet i still have to check it out, every single day.

    ReplyDelete