April 30, 2010

A little catch up!

Hello All!

Thought it would time for a little reintroduction and catch up about the current state of the houses here over at the fourth door.

My name is Eva, I’m a mid twenties Jersey girl. Right now I’m currently employed at a 9 to 5 that provides me with a paycheck, free coffee, witty running commentary about coworkers and a fantastic view of the Ben Franklin Bridge, if I stick my head out of my cubicle.

For the last nine years Pete has been this frat guy I met, a boyfriend, a best friend, fiancĂ© and now my husband of two years. I love him, even when he talks louder and louder until eventually he is practically yelling with excitement. He’s one of the most driven people I know and I love that he changes my oil.

We have a puppy, a seven year old fluff of a bichon poodle named Nala. She can’t stand to be more than a few feet from us, snuggles in bed nicely and is an all around awesome dog. Then there is the cat, Princess Mindy Anna Fluffington. She always looks pissed off, but never actually is. Her favorite pastimes are sleeping and destroying the house.

Currently we’re in the process of selling the first house we’ve lived in together. A 1800’s colonial that was in desperate need of some attention and renovation love. It was a long and challenging few years as we navigated renovations combined with being college students, part time jobs, unemployment and getting married. All while floors and roofs were missing.

Once our current house sells we’re going to switch our focus to the Wee house, a Victorian home in a neighboring town that offers even more renovation potential, but is going to be a lot of work. From the work we’ve been doing on the house, I’m now developing a deep love of DIY, construction and power tools.

In the mean time we also have a condo down the beach that we love to escape to and work on during the winter. There is also a college rental at our Alma Matter that we both lived in at one point, but never officially together. Sometimes managing these houses causes us to run around without our heads attached, but we make it work somehow.


And that is the quick wrap up. Which I’m not exactly known for because I’m a talker! I hope everyone sticks around, as this summer is shaping up to be a really busy one full of lots of changes for us and a whole hell of a lot of work!

2 comments:

  1. great "re-cap" post Eva! Nice getting to know all your renovation ins and outs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of houses! I am dying to buy a house or condo down the shore. That's my next goal!

    ReplyDelete