June 14, 2010

Garage Starts Tomorrow!!

Remember last summer where all I did was talking about tearing down our old crappy shed over at the wee house to make room for our new garage? And there was also yammering on about showings... Well. This summer is going to be a little different over here at the fourth door! For one, the house will be going off of the market soon so that mean no showings to whine about. Second- our concrete contractors have broken ground today!! Which means that starting tomorrow they are going to be digging the footing for our new garage foundation! Holy crap.

Over a years worth of thought, design and prep work all starts to come to culmination tomorrow. My awesome carpenter father is going to take a trip down to meet with concrete guy and check to make sure everything is looking like it will run smoothly. There is no other person who'd I want having my back on a construction job than my dad. With over 30 years experience in the construction business my dad has handled every type of job and is a perfectionist pro when it comes to his expectation on job sites.

Cough and cough

Like so many of you, I'm just really proud of my dad.

And since I said I wouldn't blog without a picture during June- here is a picture of my dad and I on my wedding day. And his timberland work boots :D So classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment