August 13, 2009

Home Goods Design Quiz...

Since I'm such a novice when it comes to design and decor I thought I'd take the fun little quiz here: http://www.homegoods.com/hghq_quiz.asp to see where I might get classified design wise. I have to say that the results were pretty accurate at getting the style I'm aiming for. Maybe mix in a dash of Classic Preppy and Cottage Chic also...

Eventually I want a house that is eclectically well put together in a style that is easily livable. With colors that are vibrant and make people happy, surrounded by well loved personal items. Anything too serious or severe in design is just not me. I'm too...full of Joie de vivre...

Eva, you are a Bohemian Classic
You have a refined sensibility and bring a sense of history and tradition into your decor. True. I love antiques and believe in using meaningful items in your decor when at all possible.
You appreciate how symmetrical arrangements and beautiful, well-crafted pieces create a solid foundation to a room. You'll find a lot of older well crafted items in my house (as well as some real POS stuff) But you like to shake up this restraint with objects and accessories that express your personality and your love of other cultures. When traveling, you seek out unique objects that reflect what you love, and you use them in a sophisticated way. I'm not classifying my Disney picture frame as sophisticated...You want people to feel comfortable in your home, and cozy chairs, ethnic fabrics, unique pieces, and even a little touch of quirk or humor give your house a laid-back, Bohemian flair. All very true! Especially my quirky sense of humor.
You value creativity. You are stylish and fun loving, and can be an inspiration to others. You have a natural sense of drama (me? Dramatic?! No... never!) and you know you have to be willing to take risks—whether with colors, finishes, furniture choices, or ideas—for your home to stand out. Your home can be happy and lively and the place all of your friends want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment