March 22, 2010

Crate and Barrel Outlet

My sister let me in on one of the great secrets of the Garden State a while back. No, not the location of Jersey Shore 2, but an even more fantastic local that is a short detour off the turnpike and a mere 15 minutes from Mastori's Diner. Stuff yourself full of cinnamon bread and then drive right over... to the Crate and Barrel Outlet in Cranbury NJ!


Walk in and unleash your inner deal hunter. Anything you've been eyeballing over at C&B? Good chance you'll be able to find it at the outlet. Place settings? Wine glasses? Grab a basket and start to stock up. Have Monday free- head over for an extra 10% off your purchase! The outlet is laid out almost identical to a regular C&B store, with neat displays showcasing all the different wares. I know a lot of people sometimes shy at the idea of outlet shopping because they can't shop when the store is a jumbled mess. If you are one of those people (and I am not, give me a box to root through for a good deal and I'm as happy as a pig in mud) then rest assured you'll have no problem shopping in this outlet. In addition to the well organized store, there is also a deeper discounted warehouse section. I guess you would call it the scratch and dent selection. As you can see, it is still nice and neat for easy shopping.


This coffee table almost found its way into our car, I could just barely resist its $99 price tag for the open look of the glass but industrial feel of the metal. But alas, we didn't really need it what with our house on the market and it would just mean more furniture to eventually move. Tha coffee table stayed in the store.

We did however snag the recycled glass tumblers that were on clearance for about a dollar each. They are going to replace our previous casual glasses, leftovers from Pete's 2002 fraternity formal. So classy. Can't wait to pour some margaritas in our new glasses this summer!

Drooling over the Petrie Sofa? They had four of them there while I was shopping about, and I think they were about 40% off the retail price.


Awesome wall of pillows. I was loving all the different colors and patterns.


We both liked and debated buying this hutch/bookcase piece. In the end I felt like I'd have to put some tall legs on it in order to really like it, and that we really have no need for it now. So this also got passed over. Out of the entire store I felt like the dining tables were the best deal overall. They had tons in really good condition and for cheap prices.

7 comments:

  1. I really need to visit the C&B outlet near me - those look like great deals (and I love those sofas!). I never thought to go in but now I think I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. I think I need to go on a field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we need this outlet in minnesota. i am insanely jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice! i have been there and it is great! much better then the pottery barn one in Lancaster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sister of yours sounds like some kind of genius. Some kind of genius who loves Crate & Barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'll be heading up there very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thanks Eva! I will def. be keeping that place in mind!

    - McB

    ReplyDelete